Here’s what you can expect when you hire us for your financial planning needs:
Your financial goals are important. They are not merely expenses on an income statement– they are your hopes, dreams, and values. When developing a financial plan we begin with your goals (time frames, amounts, priority).
Our best-in-class, web-based planning software allows us to work collaboratively with you, either face-to-face or independently. You also have the ability to review and edit your plan at your convenience, instantly seeing how various decisions, trade-offs, and stress tests affect your results.
Our goal is to present you with a range of possibilities to achieve your goals. We will show you a before and after comparison so you can see which financial planning decisions improve your outcomes. With a financial plan, you won’t have to wonder if you are doing the right thing, you’ll know. Contact us today [INSERT LINK] to schedule an appointment.
Our financial planning process is framed around the six-step Certified Financial Planner™ practice standards. And no matter the extent of our engagement, you will be guided through our process as we build your custom-crafted plan.
- Establish a relationship – We begin with a complimentary discussion regarding your goals and concerns, after which we’ll discuss if we can help, the services we provide and the estimated time frame and cost. If both parties agree we enter into a fiduciary arrangement which spells out the details of the work to be completed.
- Gather date and develop goals – When developing a picture of your situation we begin with your goals (time frames, amounts, importance). In doing so, we transform what is typically a boring data-collection process into a conversation about whats important to you. We also gather information on your current financial situation (savings, income, insurance, risk tolerance). This allows us to establish a baseline to begin planning and from which to compare future progress.
- Analyze your situation – we consider all aspects of your situation to determine what you need to do to acheive your goals. And here, we offer something unique, we will establish a logical strategy to have a successful plan, and then we encourage you to actively participate in looking at different options, stress testing your concerns and understanding the trade-offs to truly have a hand in designing your unique plan. Our best in class, web based planning tools allow you to do this, and in doing so you will have a truly customized plan and are more likely to follow through.
- Recommendations – based on your unique goals and situation, we will provide specific recommendation in plain English so you will be able to make informed decisions. At this point you are encouraged to share any concerns you have so revisions can be made.
- Set your course – Here we agree on how finalized recommendations will be carried out. We can then carry out the recommendations for you or serve as your coach, coordinating the process with you and other professionals. You are presented with a report that explains in plain English the recommended changes, including any next steps and who is responsible for them. It is also here that you may hire us to implement and manage any investment objectives of your plan.
- Benchmark your progress against the financial goals you established – as you work towards your goals, you and your advisor need to decide who monitors your progress so you stay on track. If you have asked us to be in charge of this, we will check in annually to review your situation and make any necessary adjustments to your plan.
Comprehensive Financial Plan Includes ($1,500 to $3,000 one-time fee)
Topics are per your request, including: retirement outlook and income planning, risk management, healthcare, investments, social security, employer benefits, education, estate & tax planning.
- 2-3 initial discovery meetings
- 90-120 minute meeting to go over recommendations
- 60 minute follow up at 6 and 12 months
- 10-20 page report with next step action plan
- Access to dedicated CFP® professional for 12 months.
* Hourly planning available on a custom basis at $150 per hour.