When it comes to your money, your retirement, your life savings, and the financial well-being of you and your family– the stakes are high. Engaging with a Certified Financial Planner™ professional is well worth the expense if it puts you on the right path to being financially successful and / or helps you to avoid making costly mistakes.
I. Hourly Financial Planning / $150 per hour
Best for someone who wants help with a specific topic, such as:
- A second opinion for Do-It-Your-selfers on financial issues
- Determining life insurance / disability insurance needs
- Retirement accumulation strategies
- A check-up to determine progress in meeting your financial goals
- Review of investments in a 401(k) / employer benefits
- Retirement withdrawal strategies
- Comparing pension payout options
- Social Security benefits
- College savings planning
II. “The Big Picture” Financial Plan: ($1,500 flat fee*)
Comprehensive financial planning is best for individuals and couples who have multiple, and sometimes competing, goals, priorities, and time horizons (for example– saving for retirement, paying off debt, planning annual travel, and saving for college).
A comprehensive plan builds a foundation that allows you to see the big picture and set goals – a crucial step in being able to prioritize objectives, understand trade-offs, and make good financial decisions.
- 2-3 initial discovery meetings to identify goals, concerns, and assess current situation
- Presentation meeting to discuss analysis and recommendations, discuss trade-offs and concerns, and agree on proposed solutions
- 10-20 page report complete with analysis, recommendations, and next steps
- Secure, online access to your financial plan where you can review, make changes, and see the effect of how different scenarios affect your overall success
- Follow up / accountability check scheduled during first 6 to 12 months
- Access to dedicated Certified Financial Planner™ professional for 12 months
III. Investment Management (annual fee of 0.50-1.50%) based upon account balance
- Initial meeting to discuss goals, time horizon, investment experience, previous planning, and to complete personal risk assessment
- Presentation meeting to discuss analysis and recommendations, including investment and account options
- Written investment policy statement
- Assistance with implementation of your strategy, including establishing accounts, selecting beneficiaries, transferring assets, setting up automatic contributions / withdrawals, and obtaining online access
- All tax documents and quarterly account statements direct from your custodian; Fidelity Investments or Betterment Securities
- Automatic portfolio re-balancing (when requested)
- Automatic tax-loss harvesting (when requested)
- Goal tracking
- Access to dedicated Certified Financial Planner™
IV. Transparency – How we are compensated
We earn our revenue from directly from the clients we serve in a fiduciary capacity– we do not sell insurance, receive commissions any other economic benefits from third parties or from referrals.